It is necessary for us to collect and store Guest Information to provide requested lodging and related services and for billing purposes. Many state laws require lodging operators to collect and retain some or all of such Guest Information. We may also use credit card numbers or tokens, as applicable, to identify our frequent guests and the persons who make guaranteed reservations. The information we gather is used to provide efficient service to our guests. From time to time we may share your information with our business partners to provide products or services to you.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
The term “personal information” in this Policy refers to information that does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of personal information that we process (which may vary by jurisdiction based on applicable law) include:
- your name, gender, personal and work contact details, business title, date and place of birth, image, nationality, and valid government issued forms of identification;
- guest stay information, including the hotels where you have stayed, dates of arrival and departure, goods and services utilized, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room and vacation preferences), telephone numbers dialed and faxes, texts and telephone messages received;
- your credit card details, and your account details and credentials for the Company frequent guest program and any frequent flyer or travel partner program;
- any information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g. health conditions that require specific accommodation or services);
- information, feedback or content you provide regarding your marketing preferences, in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or promotional offers, or to our Site and those of third parties;
- information collected during your visit to a Company hotel or motel through the use of closed circuit television systems, internet systems (including wireless networks that collect data about your computer, smart or mobile device, or your location), key card and other security and technology systems;
- information collected when you access a Company Site:
- contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of businesses with Company corporate accounts and vendors and other individuals with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents or meeting and event planners); and
- information relating to customer credit.
Personal Information from Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age without permission from the respective parent or legal guardian. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
software in order to encrypt the personal information that you provide to us. If your browser is TLS enabled, your transmission of personal information to us online will be encrypted. You can verify whether your personal information is transmitted using TLS encryption by confirming the symbol of a closed lock or solid key on the bottom bar of your browser window. You can also verify that your personal information will be encrypted using TLS encryption by making sure that the prefix for the web address listed for that page has changed from “http” to “https”. If you do not see the appropriate symbol and the “https” prefix, you should not assume that the personal information that you are being asked to provide will be encrypted prior to transmission.
The personal information we collect from you online is stored by us and/or our service providers on databases protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures. Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of personal information and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where required under law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse or alteration of personal information that may affect you so that you can take the appropriate actions for the due protection of your rights.
How We Use Personal Information
Subject to applicable laws, we may collect, use and disclose relevant portions of your personal information in order to:
- provide and charge for hotel/motel accommodation and other goods and services;
- provide you with a better or more personalized level of service, including information and services from a third party (such as additional guest services, local attractions and transportation options);
- respond to requests for information and services, including services from a third party (such as restaurants or transportation providers);
- administer Company frequent guest programs ;
- fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements such as travel agents, group travel organizers or your employer, and vendors such as credit card companies, airline operators or third party programs as applicable);
- conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys, and direct marketing and sales promotions;
- provide for the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors;
- administer general record keeping;
- meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- test and evaluate new products and services; and
- process credit applications.
Company uses and retains your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the Purpose.
Disclosures of your Personal Information
From time to time, we may disclose your personal information. We will always endeavor to make that disclosure in accordance with applicable law. Circumstances where we might make such disclosure (in addition to those described above) include:
Our Agents, Service Providers and Suppliers
Like many lodging companies, we may outsource the processing of certain functions and/or information to third parties. We may also engage market research firms to assist us in contacting guests for the purpose of market research and quality assurance. When we do outsource the processing of your personal information to third parties or provide your personal information to third-party service providers, we oblige those third parties to protect your personal information in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy, with appropriate security measures.
Where we hold personal information about you, we may disclose this personal information to other companies that also hold information about you. These companies may combine the information in order to better understand your preferences and interests, thereby enabling them and us to serve you better. If your personal information is used for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to that by contacting us using the contact information provided below.
When you request credit, your personal information will be used and disclosed to appropriate third parties in accordance with applicable laws for the purpose of determining whether to grant and maintain a line of credit to you.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell hotels and other assets, or cease being the manager or franchisor of a property that is currently part of our portfolio. In those circumstances, we may include the personal information collected about you, or control of that personal information, as a business asset in any such transfer. Also, in the unlikely event that we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired, personal information collected about you, or control of such information, may be one of the transferred assets.
What we will and will not do with Guest Information
1. We will not sell trade or rent Guest Information to parties outside the Company, our franchisees and affiliates, or permit our affiliates to sell such information to parties outside of our group of companies, franchisees and affiliates.
2. We may use Guest Information to offer goods and services we believe may be of interest to you on behalf of ourselves, our affiliates and our franchisees. We may use Guest Information to contact you to inquire or survey about the guest experience at the location(s) visited and the prospect of future stays or improvements needed to attract additional business. We may also create and use aggregate Guest Information that is not personally identifiable to understand more about the common traits and interests of our Guests.
3. We may utilize one or more third-party service providers to send email or other communications to you on our behalf, including guest satisfaction surveys. These service providers are prohibited from using your email address or other contact information for any purpose other than to send communications on our behalf.
Emails about Special Offers and Promotions and Opt-Out
It is our intention to only send email communications that we believe may be useful to you. When you provide us with your email address (e.g. as part of a reservation, the check-in process, or by creating an account with us), you may receive transactional emails or you may also occasionally receive informational/promotional emails. You may always have the opportunity to “opt-out” from receiving future emails of an informational/promotional nature. You may elect to ‘opt-out’ by following the instructions provided in the email or make the change in your account settings.
Where permitted by law, we may work with other companies to show you advertisements we think you may find relevant and useful. This may include advertisements displayed on our own Site, or advertisements from us displayed on other companies' websites or apps. The advertisements you see may be based on information collected by us or third parties and/or may be based on your activities on our Site or third-party websites.
Our websites may also contain plug-ins and other features that integrate third party social media platforms into our Site. You will be able to activate them manually. If you do so, the third parties who operate these platforms may be able to identify you, they may be able to determine when and how you use this Site and they may link and store this information with your social media profile. Please consult the data protection policies of these social media platforms to understand what they will be doing with your personal data. If you activate these plug-ins and other features, you will be doing so at your own risk.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a user's personally identifiable information changes (such as user’s zip code), or if a user no longer desires our service, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user's personal data provided to us. This can usually be done in your account settings or by emailing us at innxpress@Innxpress.com. Members are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the service. We communicate with the user to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account via email or phone.
Compliance with Law
This is a United States Site and is subject to the laws of the United States.
We may disclose Guest Information to law enforcement agencies, or may be required to disclose it during the discovery process in litigation, pursuant to a court order, or in compliance with any applicable law, regulation, rule or ordinance.
Mobile and Location-Based Services
To book, view, or change a reservation from a mobile device on Site, you may be required to provide some personal information, a confirmation number, or security codes.
Questions or Comments
Copyright and Trademark Notices
All contents of this Site are protected by United States and International Copyright and Trademark law. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited and may subject a violator to civil and criminal penalties. All rights reserved.
Privacy Protection Policy Changes
In the future, we may need to change this Policy. All changes will be included on this Site so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone. Changes in treatment of personally identifiable information will affect information collected after the change is posted online.
This Policy was last updated on January 1st, 2017.